Calliope Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshops
Fall 2022: Disney's Jungle Book KidsCalliope Productions is accepting registrations for our 31st Annual Fall Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshop, which will be conducted at Calliope's Theatre at 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA.
This program is designed for students ages 9 - 12 and will meet from 9:00 am - 11:00 am, on seven successive Saturdays, from September 17 through October 29, and conclude with two performances of "Disney's The Jungle Book (Kids edition)," a one-act musical, on Saturday, November 5, at 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
Age requirements: Students must be at least 9 years old on 09/17/2022 and younger than age 13 on 11/05/2022.
During this workshop, students will concentrate on performance-related skills such as diction, voice projection, singing, stage movement, choreography, and characterization, and they will learn about technical and practical aspects of presenting plays as they work towards staging a production.
The workshop will be taught by Megan Burke, with musical direction by Devynn Boudreau. The tuition fee is $175 per student, with space filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
IMPORTANT: Because of continuing concerns about COVID-19, the following protocols are in effect for this program:
1) All students in the workshop must be vaccinated against COVID-19, and proof of this must be provided by parents on or before the first workshop session on September 17. (Proof may consist of a photo of the child’s CDC card.)
2) Face masks will be worn during workshop sessions if the Covid-19 threat for Worcester County is at 'severe' or 'very high' levels - as reported at CovidActNow.org.
Registrations open at 9 am on Monday, August 15, 2022. They close when all places are filled. Workshop registration is closed when the waitlist has 10 candidates.
When the online Registration Request form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with the details you provided. Please sign and send in either
- a printout of the Registration Request form web page (with fields filled in), or
- a printout of your confirmation email.
Workshop registration requests are not accepted or finalized unless the signed form and deposit have been received by us. Registration requests received after the available places have been filled will be put on a waiting list (and the deposit will be returned if the student is not placed).
Calliope Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 581
Boylston, MA 01505
- Starts Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Meets Saturdays, 9 - 11 am, for 7 weeks
- Workshop Presentations: Saturday, November 5, at 2 pm and 4 pm
- Show: Disney's Jungle Book Kids
- Director: Megan Burke
- Workshop Cost: $175 (includes all material, tuition and registration fees)
- Tuition balance due: September 17
Planned absences must be noted in the Workshop Registration Request form.