Calliope Workshops 2023For 2023 we are pleased to announce our 32nd season of theatre workshops.
Calliope offers these workshops:
- Teenagers: the Summer Teen Musical, Curtains
- Pre-Teens (ages 9-12): spring, summer and fall Musical Theatre Workshops
- Spring: The Claw (Go To)
- Summer: The Little Mermaid, Jr
- Fall: TBA
- Musical Theatre Development workshop (August), Out of the Woods
Registrations for the Teen Summer Musical and the Pre-Teen Summer Workshop open on February 27, 9 am.
Registrations for the August Musical Theatre Development workshop open on February 27, 9 am.
Registrations for the Pre-Teen Fall Workshop open at a later date..
All workshops are conducted at Calliope's Theatre at 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA.
Students enroll in Calliope's workshops in two steps:
- Submit the online Registration Request Form
- Find the request confirmation email sent to you: print it and the Calliope Medical and Photo form (see links below). Sign and send in the Registration Request form, and the Medical and Photo form, plus a non-refundable $50 deposit within 2 weeks of the online sign-up.
Registration Requests for a workshop are accepted until all places are filled or when the waitlist is full. Calliope's workshops fill quickly, so we do not have a stated deadline. You will receive an Enrollment confirmation email when your student has been enrolled or put on the waitlist.
Once a workshop is full, additional signed Registration Requests are placed on the waitlist. The $50 deposits of students not enrolled by the start of the workshop are returned at that time.
Workshop registration is closed only in case the waitlist has many candidates.
IMPORTANT: Early submission of the online Registration Request form does not guarantee a spot in the desired workshop. It gives us the order of processing the signed Registration Request forms when we receive more than one at a time. The deposit must be received within 2 weeks of the online sign-up.
The balance of a Workshop's Tuition is due
Calliope Medical Medical and Photo Release Form (PDF format): print, fill out and sign
- Starts Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Meets Saturdays, 9 - 11 am, for 9 weeks
- No morning session on Saturday, April 1
- Workshop Presentations: Saturday, April 1, at 2 pm and 4 pm
- Show: The Claw, a one-act children's musical
- Director: Megan Burke
- Music Director: Devynn Boudreau
- Workshop Cost: $175 (includes all material, tuition and registration fees)
- Workshop tuition balance due: February 4.
Planned absences must be noted in the Workshop Registration Request form.