Calliope Teen Summer Musical
Summer 2020: Bye Bye BirdieCalliope Productions is accepting registrations for our 30th Annual Teen Summer Musical workshop, which will be conducted at Calliope's Theatre at 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA.
This program is designed for students aged 13 - 18, and is a full-scale musical production program, in which students will rehearse and present a Broadway musical. It will meet Sundays - Thursdays (5 days each week) at 7 - 10 pm, beginning on Sunday, June 14. It will end with performances on Wednesday - Friday, July 15 - 17 (7:30 pm) and Saturday, July 18 (2:00 pm and 7:30 pm).
During the course of this workshop, students will learn and develop several performance skills including speech, voice projection, singing, stage movement, choreography, and characterization, and will learn about technical and practical aspects of presenting plays as they work towards staging this musical production.
The workshop will be taught by Dave Ludt with others on Calliope's staff. The tuition fee is $300 per student, with space filled on a first-come basis.
Registration for the Teen Summer Musical workshop opens on January 1. Registrations close when all places are filled. Workshop registration is closed when the waitlist has 10 candidates.
Students enroll in Calliope's workshops in two steps:
- Submit the online Registration Request Form
- Find the request confirmation email sent to you: print it and the Calliope Medical and Photo form (see links in the email). Sign and send in the Registration Request form, and the Medical and Photo form, plus a non-refundable $50 deposit within 2 weeks of the online sign-up. The tuition balance is due on May 30 (two weeks before workshop start).
Workshop registration requests are not accepted or finalized until the signed forms and deposit have been received by us. Registration requests received after the available places have been filled will be put on a waiting list (and the deposit will be returned if the student is not placed).
Calliope Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 581
Boylston, MA 01505
This workshop is closed for additional registration requests.
- Starts Sunday, June 14, 2018
- Meets Sunday - Thursday (5 days each week), 7 - 10 pm, for 4 weeks, plus the show week.
- Performances: Wednesday - Friday, July 15 - 17 (7:30 pm) and Saturday, July 18 (2:00 pm and 7:30 pm)
- Show: Bye Bye Birdie, the Broadway musical
- Director: Dave Ludt
- Workshop Cost: $300 (includes all material, tuition and registration fees)
- Workshop tuition balance due: May 30.
Planned absences must be noted in the Workshop Registration Request form.