Calliope Teen Youth Theatre Workshops
Summer 2017Calliope Productions is accepting registrations for its 27th Annual Teen Summer Musical Workshop, which will be conducted at Calliope's Theatre at 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA.
This program is designed for students aged 13 - 18, and is a full-scale musical production program, in which students will rehearse and present a Broadway musical. It will meet Sundays - Thursdays (5 days each week) at 7 - 10 pm, beginning on Sunday, June 18. It will end with performances on Wednesday - Friday, July 19 - 21 (7:30 pm) and Saturday, July 22 (2:00 pm and 7:30 pm).
During the course of this workshop, students will learn and develop several performance skills including speech, voice projection, singing, stage movement, choreography, and characterization, and will learn about technical and practical aspects of presenting plays as they work towards staging this musical production.
The workshop will be taught by Dave Ludt with others on Calliope's staff. The tuition fee is $250 per student, with space filled on a first-come basis.
Registration for each Teen Summer Musical Workshop opens on January 1. Registrations close when all places are filled. Workshop registration is closed only in case the waitlist has many candidates.
When the online Registration Request form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with the details you provided. Please sign and send in either
- a printout of the Registration Request form web page (with fields filled in), or
- a printout of your confirmation email.
Workshop registration requests are not accepted or finalized unless the signed form and deposit have been received by us. Registration requests received after the available places have been filled will be put on a waiting list (and the deposit will be returned if the student is not placed).
Calliope Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 581
Boylston, MA 01505
- Starts Sunday, June 18, 2017
- Meets Sunday - Thursday (5 days each week), 7 - 10 pm, for 5 weeks. (There is no workshop on Tuesday, July 4.)
- Performances: Wednesday - Friday, July 19 - 21 (7:30 pm) and Saturday, July 22 (2:00 pm and 7:30 pm)
- Show: Honk!, the musical by George Stiles and Anthony Drewe
- Director: Dave Ludt
- Workshop Cost: $250 (includes all material, tuition and registration fees)
Planned absences must be noted in the Workshop Registration Request form.