Calliope Pre-Teen Youth Summer Theatre Workshops
Summer 2022: Seussical, JrCalliope Productions is accepting registrations for our 31st Annual Pre-Teen Youth Summer Theatre Workshop, which will be conducted at Calliope's Theatre at 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA.
This program is designed for students aged 9 - 12, and will meet Mondays - Thursdays (4 days each week) at 9 am - 1 pm, beginning on Monday, June 27. (There will be no rehearsal on Monday, July 4.) It will end with performances of Seussical, Jr on Wednesday - Friday, July 27 - 29 (7:00 pm), on Thursday, July 28 (2:00 pm), and Saturday, July 30 (2:00 pm).
The Summer Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshop Program is an intensive performance-centered program that exposes students to the fundamentals of stagecraft and develops students' skills in singing, voice projection and diction, characterization, stage movement, and choreography, as well as providing them with confidence-building techniques and team-building activities. The production focus of this year's workshop will be a presentation of the musical Seussical, Jr.
The workshop will be taught by Megan Burke with musical direction by Matt Kim. The tuition fee is $450 per student, with space filled on a first-come basis.
IMPORTANT: Because of continuing concerns about Covid-19, the following protocols are in effect for Calliope's workshops:
1) All students participating in a Calliope summer 2022 workshop MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED by the first day of the workshop session. Proof of this (via a copy or photo of the vaccination card) must be provided by parents on or before the day the workshop begins.
2) We will continue to follow updates on local risk levels and masking policies throughout the spring, and will assess whether students will need to be masked for rehearsals closer to the start date of the workshops.
Registrations close when all places are filled or when the waitlist is full.
Students enroll in Calliope's workshops in two steps:
- Submit the online Registration Request Form
- Find the request confirmation email sent to you. You may need to check your Spam/Junk folder. Print the confirmation email and the Calliope Medical and Photo form (see links in the email, or below). Sign and send in the Registration Request form, and the Medical and Photo form, plus a non-refundable $50 deposit within 2 weeks of the online sign-up. The tuition balance is due on June 15.
When the online Registration Request form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with the details you provided. You may need to check your Spam/Junk folder. Please sign and send in either
- a printout of the Registration Request form web page (with fields filled in), or
- a printout of your confirmation email.
Workshop registration requests are not accepted or finalized until the signed form and deposit have been received by us. Registration requests received after the available places have been filled will be put on a waiting list (and the deposit will be returned if the student is not placed).
Calliope Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 581
Boylston, MA 01505
Calliope Medical Medical and Photo Release Form (PDF format): print, fill out and sign
- Starts Monday, June 27, 2022
- Meets Monday - Thursday (4 days each week), 9 am - 1 pm, for 4 weeks, plus the show week.
- Does not meet on Monday, July 4.
- Workshop Performances: Wednesday - Friday, July 27 - 29 (7:00 pm) , on Thursday, July 28 (2:00 pm), and Saturday, July 30 (2:00 pm)
- Show: Seussical, Jr, the musical
- Director: Megan Burke
- Workshop Cost: $450 (includes all material, tuition and registration fees)
- Workshop tuition balance due: June 15.
Planned absences must be noted in the Workshop Registration Request form.