Calliope Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshops
Summer 2019: The Wizard of Oz (Young Performers' Edition)Calliope Productions is accepting registrations for its 29th Annual Summer Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshop, which will be conducted at Calliope's Theatre at 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA.
This program is designed for students aged 9 - 12, and will meet Mondays - Thursdays (4 days each week) at 9 am - 1 pm, beginning on Monday, July 1. It will end with performances of The Wizard of Oz, Young Performers' Edition on Wednesday - Friday, July 31 - August 2 at 7:00 pm, on Thursday, August 1 at 2:00 pm, and on Saturday, August 3 at 2:00 pm.
The Summer Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshop Program is an intensive performance-centered program that exposes students to the fundamentals of stagecraft and develops students' skills in singing, voice projection and diction, characterization, stage movement, and choreography, as well as providing them with confidence-building techniques and team-building activities. The production focus of this year's workshop will be a presentation of the musical The Wizard of Oz, Young Performers' Edition with music from the MGM film.
The workshop will be taught by Megan Burke with others on Calliope's staff. The tuition fee is $450 per student, with space filled on a first-come basis.
Registration for each Summer Pre-Teen Workshop opens on January 1. Registrations close when all places are filled. Workshop registration is closed only in case the waitlist has many candidates.
Students enroll in Calliope's workshops in two steps:
- Submit the online Registration Request Form
- Find the request confirmation email sent to you: print it and the Calliope Medical and Photo form (see links in the email). Sign and send in the Registration Request form, and the Medical and Photo form, plus a $50 deposit. The balance is due on July 1.
Workshop registration requests are not accepted or finalized unless the signed forms and deposit have been received by us. Registration requests received after the available places have been filled will be put on a waiting list (and the deposit will be returned if the student is not placed).
Calliope Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 581
Boylston, MA 01505
- Starts Monday, July 1, 2019
- Meets Monday - Thursday (4 days each week), 9 am - 1 pm, for 4 weeks, plus the show week. (There is no workshop on Thursday, July 4.)
- Workshop Presentations: Wednesday - Friday, July 31 - August 2 (7:00 pm), on Thursday, August 1 (2:00 pm), and Saturday, August 3 (2:00 pm)
- Show: The Wizard of Oz, Young Performers' Edition, the musical
- Director: Megan Burke
- Workshop Cost: $450 (includes all material, tuition and registration fees)
Planned absences must be noted in the Workshop Registration Request form.