Calliope Pre-Teen Youth Summer Theatre Workshops
Summer 2020Calliope Productions is accepting registrations for our 30th Annual Pre-Teen Youth Summer Theatre Workshop, which will be conducted at Calliope's Theatre at 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA.
This program is designed for students aged 9 - 12, and will meet Mondays - Thursdays (4 days each week) at 9 am - 1 pm, beginning on Monday, June 29. It will end with performances of Willy Wonka, Jr on Wednesday - Friday, July 29 - 31 at 7:00 pm, on Thursday, July 31 at 2:00 pm, and on Saturday, August 1 at 2:00 pm.
The Summer Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshop Program is an intensive performance-centered program that exposes students to the fundamentals of stagecraft and develops students' skills in singing, voice projection and diction, characterization, stage movement, and choreography, as well as providing them with confidence-building techniques and team-building activities. The production focus of this year's workshop will be a presentation of the musical Willy Wonka, Jr with music by Leslie Bricusse.
The workshop will be taught by Megan Burke with others on Calliope's staff. The tuition fee is $450 per student, with space filled on a first-come basis.
Registration for the Summer Pre-Teen Workshop opens on January 1. Registrations close when all places are filled. Workshop registration is closed when the waitlist has 10 candidates.
When the online Registration Request form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with the details you provided. Please sign and send in either
- a printout of the Registration Request form web page (with fields filled in), or
- a printout of your confirmation email.
Workshop registration requests are not accepted or finalized until the signed form and deposit have been received by us. Registration requests received after the available places have been filled will be put on a waiting list (and the deposit will be returned if the student is not placed).
Calliope Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 581
Boylston, MA 01505
- Starts Monday, June 29, 2020
- Meets Monday - Thursday (4 days each week), 9 am - 1 pm, for 4 weeks, plus the show week.
- Workshop Presentations: Wednesday - Friday, July 29 - 31 (7:00 pm), Thursday, July 31 (2:00 pm), and Saturday, August 1 (2:00 pm)
- Show: Willy Wonka, Jr, the musical
- Director: Megan Burke
- Workshop Cost: $450 (includes all material, tuition and registration fees)
- Workshop tuition balance due: June 15.
Planned absences must be noted in the Workshop Registration Request form.