Calliope Pre-Teen Youth Summer Theatre Workshops
Summer 2021Calliope Productions is accepting registrations for our 30th Annual Pre-Teen Youth Summer Theatre Workshop, which will be conducted at Calliope's Theatre at 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA.
This program is designed for students aged 9 - 12, and will meet Mondays - Thursdays (4 days each week) at 9 am - 1 pm, beginning on Monday, June 28. It will end with performances of Willy Wonka, Jr on Tuesday & Wednesday, July 27 & 28 at 7:00 pm, and on Thursday & Friday, July 29 & 30 at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm both days.
The Summer Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshop Program is an intensive performance-centered program that exposes students to the fundamentals of stagecraft and develops students' skills in singing, voice projection and diction, characterization, stage movement, and choreography, as well as providing them with confidence-building techniques and team-building activities. The production focus of this year's workshop will be a presentation of the musical Willy Wonka, Jr with music by Leslie Bricusse.
The workshop will be taught by Megan Burke with musical direction by Matt Kim. The tuition fee is $450 per student, with space filled on a first-come basis.
Registration for the Summer Pre-Teen Workshop ends on April 17. Registrations close when all places are filled. Workshop registration is closed when the waitlist has 10 candidates.
Students enroll in Calliope's workshops in two steps:
- Submit the online Registration Request Form
- Find the request confirmation email sent to you. You may need to check your Spam/Junk folder. Print the confirmation email and the Calliope Medical and Photo form (see links in the email, or below). Sign and send in the Registration Request form, and the Medical and Photo form, plus a non-refundable $50 deposit by May 1. The tuition balance is due on June1.
When the online Registration Request form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with the details you provided. You may need to check your Spam/Junk folder. Please sign and send in either
- a printout of the Registration Request form web page (with fields filled in), or
- a printout of your confirmation email.
Workshop registration requests are not accepted or finalized until the signed form and deposit have been received by us. Registration requests received after the available places have been filled will be put on a waiting list (and the deposit will be returned if the student is not placed).
Calliope Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 581
Boylston, MA 01505
The Calliope Medical and Photo form is available in two document types.
- Starts Monday, June 28, 2021
- Meets Monday - Thursday (4 days each week), 9 am - 1 pm, for 4 weeks, plus the show week.
- Workshop Presentations: Tuesday & Wednesday, July 27 & 28 (7:00 pm), and Thursday & Friday, July 29 & 30 (2:00 pm and 7:00 pm)
- Show: Willy Wonka, Jr, the musical
- Director: Megan Burke
- Workshop Cost: $450 (includes all material, tuition and registration fees)
- Workshop tuition balance due: June 1
Planned absences must be noted in the Workshop Registration Request form.