Calliope Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshops
Fall 2019On May 1, 2019, Calliope Productions will accept registrations for its 29th Annual Fall Pre-Teen Youth Theatre Workshop, which will be conducted at Calliope's Theatre at 150 Main Street in Boylston, MA.
This program is designed for students aged 9 - 12, and will meet on Saturdays at 9:00 - 11:00 am, beginning on September 14. It will end with two performances of a show to be announced on May 1.
During the course of this workshop, students will concentrate on performance-related skills such as diction, voice-projection, singing, stage movement, choreography, and characterization, and they will learn about technical and practical aspects of presenting plays as they work towards staging a production.
The workshop will be taught by Megan Burke with others on Calliope's staff. The tuition fee is $175 per student, with space filled on a first-come basis.
Registration for each Fall Pre-Teen Workshop opens on May 1.
Registrations close when all places are filled. Workshop registration is closed only in case the waitlist has many candidates.
Students enroll in Calliope's workshops in two steps:
- Submit the online Registration Request form (available on May 1).
- Find the request confirmation email sent to you: print it and the Calliope Medical and Photo form (see links in the email). Sign and send in the Registration Request form, and the Medical and Photo form, plus a $50 deposit. The balance is due on September 14.
Workshop registration requests are not accepted or finalized unless the signed form and deposit have been received by us. Registration requests received after the available places have been filled will be put on a waiting list (and the deposit will be returned if the student is not placed).
Calliope Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 581
Boylston, MA 01505
- Starts Saturday, September 14, 2019
- Meets Saturdays, 9 - 11 am, for 8 weeks
- Workshop Presentations: Saturday, November 3, at 2 pm and 4 pm
- Show: TBA
- Director: Megan Burke
- Workshop Cost: $175 (includes all material, tuition and registration fees)
Planned absences must be noted in the Workshop Registration Request form.